Impacting Lives and Building Healthier Communities with Application Development
Our client, a National Health Insurance Provider, needed a partner to build out a robust mobile application to enhance their customer experience to include display, service, and front-end development. TSG delivered with a tool that helped impact lives.
Mobile App Minimum Business requirements:
- Hybrid Mobile Application for iOS and Android Operating Systems
- Built with Cordova
- Run on AngularJS and Bootstrap
- Communicate with a Custom-Built, Node.js
- REST Application Runs in a Load Balanced, Amazon EC2 Stack
- The Node.js Application will be Based on a Wrapper Library that Uses:
Team Structure & Services
The TSG team launched the initial adoption of Agile development methodology for the client. TSG contributed a dedicated managed services team of key personnel to the project, which included the Agile development team, and worked closely with the client representatives under a Sprint/Agile approach. These team members demonstrated expertise and filled specific roles.
Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
Using a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) technique, TSG provided early capabilities across multiple client business functions. This mobile application provided the following benefits to users:
- Access to a Digital Member ID Card
- Fingerprint/Touch ID Sign-In
- Access to Claims and Claim Status
- Tracking for Benefits, Deductibles, Out-of-Pocket Expenses and Spending Account Balances
- Spanish Language Option
- Access to Online Tools, Such as Find a Doctor and Cost Estimator
- Access to a Customer Service Representative Through Click-to-Call and In-App Messaging
Mobile apps are a part of our everyday lives, making it easier to get the information we need to stay connected with what’s important. The Select Group solutions team delivered an end product that allowed our client to transform their user’s insurance experience by giving them a one-stop-shop for documents, customer service support, and online tools.
By investing in digital transformation initiatives, the app better positions our client to compete with other leading healthcare providers, while helping build healthier communities and, most importantly, saving lives.