Effective and last updated: June 25, 2021
The Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We generally collect and receive personal information about you through the Websites in three ways: (1) when you voluntarily provide personal information to us directly, such as when you fill out a contact form on the Websites; (2) through automated processes that collect information about your use of the Websites; and (3) when we receive information about you from third-party sources, such as individuals who participate in our Referral Programs and use the Websites to provide your personal information to us. These methods, and the personal information we collect, are described in more detail below.
Information You Provide Directly
When you use or access the Websites, we may collect personal information that you choose to provide directly, such as your name, email address and other contact information, and any other information that you choose to provide as part of a request or inquiry. Examples of this collection are described below.
If you represent a current or prospective client and seek to contact us through the Websites about how The Select Group can help your business or organization, we may collect information that includes:
- your location and contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and job title;
- information about your business or organization, including the name and location of your business or organization, the location of the project or position for which you are seeking our assistance, and information regarding your organization’s projects and hiring needs; and
- any other information you submit when you use or contact us through the Websites, including any information you provide in a submission through “Comments” fields in our contact forms.
If you are a career seeker and use the Websites to contact us about working with The Select Group, we may collect information that includes professional and employment-related information, such as your resume, cover letter, location, and any other information you choose to provide in employment inquiries or applications.
If you use the Websites to participate in our Referral Programs, we will collect your name, email address, and phone number, and any information about the referral that you choose to provide, including contact information for the individual or the company that is the subject of your referral.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also may collect certain other information automatically when you visit the Websites, such as the following:
- Browser and device information, such as device identifiers like IP addresses or MAC addresses, operating system information, browser information, usage information including the pages you visited and how long you viewed them, searches, links you click on, and other information about your interaction with the Websites and other online services.
- Information stored in web-based technologies like cookies, pixel tags, log files, or web beacons, including browser type, portions of the online services visited, time spent on the online services, pages visited, referring URLs, links you click on, and other traffic and usage data.
- Information collected in connection with analytics technologies, such as Google Analytics and other similar technologies, that permit us to learn more about how visitors use our online services. For more information about how Google Analytics uses and processes data, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Information that indicates your general location, including your IP address.
Information We Receive from Third Parties
We may also receive information about you from third parties who use the Websites to submit your information to us, such as in connection with our Referral Programs. That information may include any information that the party making the referral chooses to provide to us, which may include, without limitation, your field of expertise, your current role, your preferred role, and your contact information.
How We Use Your Information
We may use personal information that we collect for purposes that include the following:
- providing the Websites and our services to you and others, including our clients;
- communicating with you, our clients, our business partners, our service providers, and others, including responding to your requests and sending you promotional information;
- for our and our clients’ recruitment and hiring purposes, including evaluating and processing your resume and employment application;
- understanding how you and other users use the Websites and our services and to determine what features and services may interest our users and clients;
- debugging, identifying and repairing errors, effectuating similar functional enhancements, and improving our Websites or other services;
- storing information about your preferences, recognizing you when you use the Websites, and customizing your experience;
- creating aggregate or deidentified data;
- maintaining the safety, security, and integrity of our Websites, applications, technology assets, services, and our business;
- protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, or other unauthorized activity, and participating in any prosecution or enforcement of laws or agreements meant to prevent or punish such activity;
- protecting the legal rights, property, safety, and security of our organization, workforce, users, clients, and others;
- complying with applicable law, other legal requirements, and industry standards;
- evaluating or participating in an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceedings; and
- for such other purposes as you may authorize.
How We Share Your Information
To accomplish the purposes set out above, we may disclose personal information we collect about you:
- to our clients;
- to our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- to our business partners, such as organizations that provide services to our clients;
- to our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our organization, which may include support of any of the data uses described above;
- to maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Websites, applications, technology assets, services, and our business;
- as necessary to comply with applicable law, other legal requirements, and industry standards;
- to protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, or other unauthorized activity, and to participate in any prosecution or enforcement of laws or agreements meant to prevent or punish such activity;
- to debug, identify and repair errors, effectuate similar functional enhancements, and improve our Websites or other services;
- to protect the legal rights, property, safety, and security of our organization, workforce, users, clients, and others;
- to an actual or potential buyer, successor, or other organization in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceedings; and
- to such other parties as you may authorize.
We provide you with choices with regard to your information.
You may choose not to provide the personal information we request through the Websites. However, in some cases, if you decide not to provide information we request, you may not be able to use certain features of the Websites, and we may not be able to provide the service or information you requested.
You may opt out of receiving our commercial email messages at any time by using the opt-out mechanism provided in the message.
You may be able to restrict the automatic collection of some information by the Websites through your device’s operating system or browser, or take other steps to block, manage, or delete cookies. Doing so, however, may prevent you from using the functionality of the Websites. Some Internet browsers have a “do-not-track” feature that let you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, the Websites do not respond to browser “do-not-track” signals.
Third Party Websites and Services
The Websites may include links to websites, applications, and services operated by third parties, either on our behalf or on their own behalf, that are subject to their own privacy policies. We encourage you to review those privacy policies, which apply to the information collected by those websites, applications, and services.
Additional Information for Residents of California
This section of the Policy applies only to consumers who reside in California (as used in this section, “consumers” or “you”) and to our processing of particular consumers’ or consumer households’ personal information (“California Personal Information”) that we collect through any means, including the Websites and other online and offline methods. California Personal Information does not include, and this section of the Policy does not apply to, information that is subject to exceptions from the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), including:
- personal information, including emergency contact and benefits administration information, we collect about a consumer in the course of that consumer acting as our job applicant, employee, owner, director, officer, medical staff member, or contractor to the extent we use that information within the context of such a consumer’s role as our job applicant, employee, owner, director, officer, medical staff member, or contractor; and
- personal information reflecting a communication or a transaction between The Select Group and a consumer, where the consumer is acting as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of an organization seeking to obtain, or obtaining, services or products from us, and the communication or transaction occurs solely in that context.
Additionally, this section of the Policy applies only to the extent we direct the purposes and means of California Personal Information processing and otherwise qualify as a “business” under the CCPA. It does not apply to our activities as a “service provider” to our clients, as that term is defined under the CCPA, or to California Personal Information that we process in that capacity.
A. California Personal Information We Collect and the Purposes for which We Collect It
We may collect, and may have collected in the preceding 12 months, the categories of personal information described above in the “Information We Collect and How We Collect It” section of this Policy, which include:
- Identifiers, including online identifiers.
- Commercial information.
- Internet and other electronic activity information.
- Inferences drawn from your activity.
- Geolocation data.
- Sensory data, including audio information.
- Other categories of personal information described in California law.
We may use these categories of California Personal Information for the purposes set out in the “How We Use Your Information” section of this Policy.
B. Sources of California Personal Information We Collect
We may collect California Personal Information:
- directly from consumers;
- automatically and indirectly from consumers, such as through logging and analytics tools, cookies, pixel tags, and other similar technologies; and
- from third parties, such as individuals that participate in our referral programs; our service providers and business partners; our clients; and services that make user-generated content available to others, such as social media networks and similar online services.
C. Sharing of California Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding 12 months, we may have disclosed the categories of California Personal Information listed below to the categories of third parties identified below for a business purpose:
- Identifiers, including online identifiers—with our affiliates and service providers.
- Internet and other electronic activity information—with our affiliates and service providers.
- Inferences drawn from your activity—with our affiliates and service providers.
- Geolocation data—with our affiliates and service providers.
- Sensory data, including audio information—with our affiliates and service providers.
- Other categories of personal information described in California law—with our affiliates and service providers.
D. Sales of California Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold California Personal Information. We do not sell California Personal Information, and we do not have actual knowledge that we sell California Personal Information of consumers under 16 years of age.
E. California Personal Information Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their California Personal Information. This section describes those rights and explains how to exercise them.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, and disclosure of your California Personal Information over the past 12 months. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you pursuant to the “Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights” section below, we will disclose to you, depending on the scope of the request:
- The categories of California Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the California Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting California Personal Information about you.
- The categories of third parties with which we share your California Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of California Personal Information we collected about you.
- If we disclosed your California Personal Information for a business purpose, a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed California Personal Information for a business purpose identifying the categories of California Personal Information disclosed to those parties in the preceding 12 months.
- Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete your California Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request pursuant to the “Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights” section below, we will delete your California Personal Information from our records in accordance with CCPA requirements, unless an exception applies.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request by either:
- Calling us at (866) 375-1307
- Emailing us at email@example.com
Only you, or an agent that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your California Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. Your request must provide information sufficient to verify you are the person about whom we collected California Personal Information. In order to verify your request, we may ask you to provide information such as your first and last name, address, email address, phone number, and any other information necessary to verify your identity. Your request must also include sufficient detail for us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
You may designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf through a valid power of attorney in certain circumstances or through signed written permission that authorizes the agent to act on your behalf. We may require additional information when requests are submitted through an authorized agent, such as requiring the submission of signed written permission for the agent to act on your behalf, requiring you to verify your identity directly with us, and requiring you to confirm the authorized agent’s permission to act on your behalf directly.
We cannot respond to a request or provide you with California Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the California Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, if you have a password-protected account with us we consider requests made through that account sufficiently verified when the request relates to California Personal Information associated with that specific account.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the verifiable request. If we cannot fulfill, or are permitted to decline, your request then we will alert you or your authorized representative. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your California Personal Information that is readily usable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision. We reserve the right to either refuse to act on your request or charge you a reasonable fee to complete your request if it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
- Non-Discrimination. You have a right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your access, data portability, and deletion rights described above. Except to the extent permitted by the CCPA, we will not deny you, or charge you different prices or rates for, goods or services or provide a different level or quality of goods or services for exercising the rights described above.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy to reflect changes in our privacy practices at any time and without prior notice to you. When we do so, we will update the effective and last updated date above. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 919-459-1400, or by mail at:
The Select Group
Attention: Legal Department
5520 Capital Center Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606