Using Social Networks
Should I use social networking sites for my job search?
These days it seems like everyone is Tweeting, getting LinkedIn, and making friends on Facebook. While these networking tools are great ways to socialize - they're also valuable ways to establish business connections. In fact, the best way to fit into an organization is through people you know.
Here are some important ways you can get them to work for you:
- Post job listings or vacancies
- Network with others in your industry
- Write and post blog articles that showcase your expertise
- View job openings at your contacts' companies
- Make it easy for employers to find your profile
While social networking websites are important business tools, they also have the potential for privacy issues. Therefore, if you're utilizing a social network to post things about your personal life, make sure your security settings are made private.
Also, some companies have policies against using these websites during work hours, so make sure you're not violating those rules.