January 14, 2020
WEB APPLICATION FIREWALL ENGINEER – RALEIGH, NC – 27604
The Select Group is identifying a WAF Engineer for a long term opportunity for one of our top financial clients in the Raleigh area. The right candidate needs to have a strong understanding and experience with WAF technologies and have a background in network routing and switching. Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visas at this time and encourage those authorized to work in the United States to apply. If you are looking to add extreme value at a critical point for a top financial company in the Raleigh area APPLY NOW!
WEB APPLICATION FIREWALL ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS:
- Required – Hands-on configuration and implementation experience with Akamai WAF
- Experience with Web Application Firewall (WAF) Concepts – WAF Policies and Rules
- Proven experience in the Networking field – route/switch experience, understanding the architecture & how data moves from web apps to the data network
WEB APPLICATION FIREWALL ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in efforts related to base-lining current systems, trend analysis and capacity planning of information security technologies required for future systems requirements.
- Participate in technical assessment, research and testing of new technologies, as requested, using information security design, automation, and scripting best practices and procedures.
- Participate in the analysis of information to determine, recommend and plan the use of new technologies, or modifications to existing equipment and systems that will provide capability for proposed project or work load, efficient operation and effective use of allotted resources.
- Participate in the implementation of new information security technologies or integration of existing technologies, including initial configuration, installation, change management and operational hand-off.
- Using manual and automated processes, ensure adherence of all responsible information security technologies to established design and configuration standards.
- Establish and execute processes to monitor and report on information security technology infrastructure compliance to policies, standards and best practices.
- Execute system tuning and make recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor information security systems using enterprise class monitoring systems, proactively identify potential issues and exercise appropriate responses to events ensuring availability of the environment.
- Generate and communicate appropriate reporting to illustrate operational status and stability of the information security technology infrastructure.
About The Select Group:
We are TSG – a fast-growing technical services firm serving the U.S. and Canada. We open doors to diversified prospective employers who respect and value your ambitions, your pursuit of a meaningful career, and your particular skill-set. We offer interview guidance, an impressive referral program, and partner with you to find work that drives you. Learn more about us in our company overview video, or visit us at http://www.selectgroup.com. Sign up to receive weekly job alerts in your inbox by joining the TSG Talent Network.
We have the privilege of impacting lives, so let us impact yours.
The Select Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts