September 9, 2022
Our client’s technology team is seeking a Developer to work on key client implementation and corporate action initiatives. The team supports the recordkeeping and administration of Defined Benefit (also known as pension) plans on behalf of the company’s corporate clients, their employees, and retirees. This group is looking for a highly motivated, self-starter to join its multifaceted, globally distributed team of IT professionals responsible for the design and development of DB Calculation Engine Applications at its Raleigh, North Carolina site.
Must Have Skills:
- BS or above in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of development experience with strong knowledge of Excel, Visual Basic, VBA macros and Sybase/SQL/Relational Databases is required.
- Proven experience working in an Agile/Scrum project environment with project team members in multiple locations, including offshore, is required.
- Proven experience crafting, building, and deploying applications in a DevOps environment using CI/CD tools.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Strong Object-oriented analysis and design
- Familiarity with actuarial science/Defined Benefits domain
Day to day responsibilities:
- Take full responsibility on end-to-end deliverables (analysis, design, develop, test, and deploy)
- Work in an agile software delivery environment /Scrum.
- Analyze and convert complex retirement plan requirements and develop on Actuarial pension benefit validation platform that meets the scheduled release date provided using Excel, Visual Basic, VBA macros and Sybase.
- Complete detailed unit/acceptance testing and certification to ensure development is delivered on time and in conjunction with defined release management practices.
- Perform self-certification of the DB Actuarial pension benefit validation platform using XMLs, MS Access and Sybase.
- Work closely with application owners, architecture, and business sponsors
- Ensure designs meet performance, security, usability, and reliability and scalability requirements.
- Hybrid policy – for rest of 2022 – work onsite once per month Tues/Weds/Thursday – for whiteboard sessions and team meetings. This could change in 2023
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts