Silver Spring, MD
July 28, 2020
TRANSPORT ENGINEER- PLANO, TX OR SILVER SPRING, MD.
The Select Group is looking for a Transport Engineer to join one of our largest clients who is an industry leader in the telecommunications space. This person will be responsible for defining, engineering and resolving network capacity requirements for long distance ultra-long haul and OTN mesh networks. This is a remote remote opportunity and can sit either in Plano, TX. or the Silver Spring, MD. area! If you are looking to get your foot in the door with a large enterprise leader in the telecommunications industry, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
TRANSPORT ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of transport/optical engineering experience and/or a BS in Electrical Engineering
- Transport engineering experience working with Ciena equipment (6500 or 5400 is required)
- Good knowledge on how to build an optical transport network
- Equipment needed, how to fulfill capacity, understanding of TDR, optical dispersion, etc.
- Previous experience working on an Ultra-long Haul (ULH) Network and/or OTN Mesh Networks
- Excellent knowledge and experience within the MS Office Suite
TRANSPORT ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform equipment engineering for network augments
- Develop specifications required for installation, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment
- Support new customer circuit requirements including engineering system work, detailed equipment analysis and costs, engineering and operations labor costs
- Responsible for providing detailed diversity analysis for internal and external groups in support of future customer orders, mesh network growth, and converged core data networks
- Coordinate with central office equipment to ensure adequate power, space and cooling are available to support network growth and expansion
- Coordinate with other departments and internal management to provide recurring reports to detail project progress and identify areas where attention is needed to progress projects
About The Select Group:
We are TSG – a fast-growing technical services firm serving the U.S. and Canada. We open doors to diversified prospective employers who respect and value your ambitions, your pursuit of a meaningful career, and your particular skill-set. We offer interview guidance, an impressive referral program, and partner with you to find work that drives you. Learn more about us in our company overview video, or visit us at http://www.selectgroup.com. Sign up to receive weekly job alerts in your inbox by joining the TSG Talent Network.
We have the privilege of impacting lives, so let us impact yours.
The Select Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts