December 2, 2019
You will be joining the NASA’s Goddard NASCOM Network System Administration Team. The role of Systems Administrator is a hands-on technical position joining a seasoned and diverse team of information technology professionals supporting mostly a Unix/Linux environment with a small handful of Windows systems mixed-in. The position sits in Greenbelt MD.
- ACTIVE Secret Clearance
- 3+ years of experience with Linux RedHat operating Systems administration
- VMWare ESXi Hypervisors
- Scripting experience with Perl
- Bachelors degree is a must
- sun solaris
- Perform Linux system administration including troubleshooting, fault isolation, system tuning, software installation, maintenance.
- Identify and implement system and process-level improvements including providing recommendations to purchase and then implementing hardware and software solutions.
- Participate in an on-call rotation providing off-hours support.(on call for 1 week, then off for 6-9 weeks. This will not happen right away. The team will work with you on this.)
- Must be able to grasp a wide range of unique skills, and be able to think and respond quickly to real-time problems as they arise.
- Must have strong multi-tasking skills to effectively meet task objectives.
About The Select Group:
We are TSG – a fast-growing technical services firm serving the U.S. and Canada. We open doors to diversified prospective employers who respect and value your ambitions, your pursuit of a meaningful career, and your particular skill-set. We offer interview guidance, an impressive referral program, and partner with you to find work that drives you. Learn more about us in our company overview video, or visit us at http://www.selectgroup.com. Sign up to receive weekly job alerts in your inbox by joining the TSG Talent Network.
We have the privilege of impacting lives, so let us impact yours.
The Select Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts