October 12, 2023
The Select Group is looking for a Sustaining Engineer for one of their top clients. This is going to be a 6-month contract to hire, located in either Seattle, WA, Long Beach, CA, McLean, VA, Colorado Springs, CO, Ellenwood, GA, Chicago, IL, or Fayetteville, NC. (Hybrid – 3 days onsite, 2 days remote)
As a Sustaining Engineer within the Aircraft Technical Services (ATS) Department, you will work with talented engineers finding solutions to customer issues arising from installation or maintenance of commercial aircraft related to the Intelsat Inflight Connectivity platform. This schedule driven activity will help our Airline Customers meet their needs to keep aircraft in service accommodating the flying public’s desire for connectivity.
Sustaining Engineer Requirements:
- 5+ years in aircraft related engineering with both MRO and eMRO experience.
- Experience in understanding MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul)
- Is well versed in all maintenance activities and how to ensure the safety and airworthiness of an air transport vehicle.
- Experience using eMRO for aircraft maintenance and fleet management.
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft electrical wiring and repairs.
- Experience with EWIS (Electrical Wiring Interconnect Systems)
- Experience creating detailed electrical design of aircraft equipment installations and alterations
- Includes: antennas, avionics equipment, interior components
- Has performed Electrical Load Analysis for Alterations or Repairs.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Prior experience with Configuration Management (CM), preferably Agile.
- The ability to perform detailed structural analysis, calculations, and simulations to ensure the integrity and safety of aircraft structures.
Sustaining Engineer Responsibilities:
- Support Alteration or Repair development as proposed by customer airlines or internal as needed.
- Accomplish detailed electrical design of aircraft equipment installations and alterations (antennas, avionics equipment, interior components).
- Prepare and/or check documentation as necessary to satisfy customer, company and regulatory to highs standards & requirements.
- Prepare Engineering Authorizations in accordance with Sustaining Engineering processes and regulatory requirements.
- Respond to customer queries with timely helpful information during customer request.
- Supports after hours coverage in cases of AOG and work stoppage.
- Streamline the Sustaining Engineering process while maintaining the highest standards of safety and timeliness.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities across departmental teams.
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts