Solutions Architect – Remote
Solutions Architect – Remote
May 9, 2023
Solutions Architect – Remote
Solutions Architect, Utilities – Managed Solutions
The Select Group is seeking a tenured Senior Architect with Project Management Experience to join our growing Managed Solutions team. This person will have proven experience solving problems through a consultative solutions approach, ideally in the Gas and Electric Utilities vertical. The Select Group operates on an industry-focused model; this alignment allows TSG to provide maximum value to our clients through specialized support and technical knowledge.
Who we are
The Select Group excels in providing IT managed solutions, professional services, and project-based resources to some of today’s largest companies. We consider ourselves a family, headquartered in Raleigh, NC and spread out across North America, made strong by our diversity, and drawn together by our common mission of positively impacting lives, one experience at a time. By helping businesses flourish and top technical talent reach their professional dreams, we fulfill our purpose.
- Lead solutions development engagement with clients in the energy and utility industry (IOUs, municipalities, cooperatives) for outcomes, consultative, and solution-selling opportunities. Articulate the solution to executives and technical operations teams for clients.
- Participates in pre-sales activities and assists the sales team in identifying and qualifying opportunities
- Leads and guides activities to develop solutions, pricing, proposal creation, and presentations to the customer
- Proven experience writing persuasive proposals and making client presentations, utilizing strong communication skills
- Works with TSG Management and Legal to write SOWs, understand key risks and mitigation strategies
- Assesses viability of each opportunity, identifies gaps in customer requirements and TSG capabilities, and makes recommendations for standard solution approach
- Participates in scoping meetings as required for solution development.
- Follows company risk management process, consulting with the executive leadership team and Legal as applicable.
- Secures all appropriate final opportunity/contract approvals from required parties.
- Leads RFx technical response development by analyzing RFx documents and providing relevant content, data points, and underlying process recommendations in support of RFx solution development
- Strong Proven Project Management Experience in Utility Information Technology, Operations, Work Management, CIS, Asset Management, SCADA, DMS, or Smart Meter background with
- 5-7+ years of experience leading projects, directing key business initiatives, or related experience.
- Strong ability to have broad conversational expertise across areas of utility requirements including but not limited to Business Analytics, Customer Operations, Enterprise Asset Management, Project Management, Compliance, Regulatory, and Smart Grid.
- A demonstrated passion for developing and applying solutions to drive business value.
- Oversees customer solution strategy throughout the Capture and Proposal lifecycle, from early Qualification through Proposal submission. Provides technical guidance to cross-functional activities to develop a cohesive solution, price, proposal creation, and presentation for the customer
- Demonstrated experience interfacing effectively and collaborating with internal employees, third-party entities, and all levels of management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in.
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas; develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity; manage risks appropriately; manage information; and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers
- Must demonstrate effective decision-making, results delivery, team building, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Manages the overall solution and ensures integration of solution components to deliver a compelling end-to-end solution for the customer
- Works with sales, delivery, and senior leadership to establish price strategies
- Leads or supports the creation of customer presentation materials.
- Strong background in sales, presales engineering, service delivery or services lifecycle knowledge is highly desirable.
- PMP Certification is desired.
What makes us different
Our superpower is in the strength of our connections. We take a consultative approach with our clients, developing award-winning relationships inside Fortune 500 companies. Account Managers at The Select Group become an extension of their clients’ teams, equipped with technical knowledge that help businesses achieve strategic goals while overcoming their organizational challenges.
Love where you work
You’ll have the opportunity to join a tight-knit, fast-growing company that’s making a tremendous impact across industries such as communications, healthcare, technology, utilities, and more.
The way we see it, you have to grow people to grow companies. That’s why we make personal and professional development a priority at TSG. You’ll have access to:
- professional coaching
- world-class training
- programs targeted at developing your whole self, including wellness, mental health, and education assistance.
- a day off for your birthday, an annual company-wide mental health day, and a floating holiday to celebrate a diversity and inclusion holiday of your choice
But we’ve got the usual company perks, as well, including a matching 401K plan, employer paid life insurance and long-term disability, all-expense paid annual President’s Club trip, competitive salary and no-cap commission, 12-weeks paid maternity leave and partially paid parental leave, and any equipment and software that you need to do your job.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at The Select Group
TSG values the unique perspectives our employees and consultants bring to work and life each day. We’re building a culture that encourages, embraces, and celebrates diversity, ensuring we have an inclusive workplace where everyone can be who they are. Together, we’re driving innovation and creativity to help our clients succeed and to make our communities stronger. We are here to learn and grow. Join us, and just be you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Select Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact for assistance.
For California Applicants, please visit the following website to view our CCPA Notice – https://www.selectgroup.com/ccpa-notice/
Connect with us
- See our culture in action on Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Know someone who would be perfect for this role? Share this career opportunity with them.
Questions? Reach out to our talent acquisition team.
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts