Fort Meade, MD
March 14, 2019
One of our government clients has two openings for SATCOM Communication Engineers. These positions will be providing system engineering and technical assistance to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA.) Will sit on-site in Fort Meade, MD.
SATCOM ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have an active Secret clearance
- 7+ years experience with satellite communications
- Experience working alongside DoD Civilian and military personnel
- Experience with turning warfighter requirements into operational capability
- Knowledge of SATCOM fundamentals, earth station equipment, and associated terrestrial systems
SATCOM ENGINEER NICE-TO-HAVE SKILLS:
- Military signal Background
- Prior Experience with SATCOM Gateways or Commercial Teleports
- Security+, Network+ or CCNA certification
- Experience with DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Experience in the implementation and delivery of DISN services (VoIP, VoSIP, VTC, JWICS, NIPR, SIPR) through SATCOM Gateways.
- ITILv3 Foundations
- Experience in policy development
SATCOM ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical and engineering management, oversight, and programmatic support
- Review architectures from a process or operations perspective
- Assess IT operations challenges, recommend new business rules, and enable resource allocation decisions
- Apply knowledge of applicable standards and best practices
- Provide operational architecture artifacts to support requirements proposals
- Provide an end to end and holistic perspective across multiple domains of the project lifecycle, and enterprise SATCOM objectives to create efficient, and robust enterprise strategies for SATCOM
- Supporting the development of DoD SATCOM policy
- Prepare technical analysis working papers and white papers
About The Select Group:
We are TSG – a fast-growing technical services firm serving the U.S. and Canada. We open doors to diversified prospective employers who respect and value your ambitions, your pursuit of a meaningful career, and your particular skill-set. We offer interview guidance, an impressive referral program, and partner with you to find work that drives you. Learn more about us in our company overview video, or visit us at http://www.selectgroup.com. Sign up to receive weekly job alerts in your inbox by joining the TSG Talent Network.
We have the privilege of impacting lives, so let us impact yours.
The Select Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts