July 29, 2022
PRODUCT OWNER- 100% REMOTE
The Select Group is currently hiring a Product Owner to join one of our top clients in the Telecommunications sector. Our ideal candidate has excellent experience owning product end to end lifecycles in a telecom environment as well as solid SDLC and Agile experience. If you’re looking for a long term opportunity with a massive established telecom provider, apply today!
PRODUCT OWNER REQUIREMENTS:
6+ Years Product Owner Experience:
- Owning Product end to end lifecycles in an Agile environment
- Experience with PI planning a huge plus!
- Owning the development of Product Roadmaps
- Ability to develop initiatives, features, and user stories for team to ingest
- Creating User Stories for new Development and helping to manage backlog
- Comes from a technical and functional background
- Ability to collaborate with outside partners and internal stakeholders
- Work with Development, Operations, and Project Management to ensure development and delivery of products on time and manage expectations
- Experience gathering and writing requirements
- Experience using Jira/Jira align for project tracking
- Experience with agile backlog/project management tools
- Familiar with scrum methodologies and entire SDLC
- SAFe Cert/Training a plus
PRODUCT OWNER PLUS SKILLS:
- Experience in a billing environment/platform
- Amdocs preferred
- Experience with front-end user experience
PRODUCT OWNER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops deep understanding of customer experience, especially at a tactical and transaction level.
- Builds and maintains Agile (Scrum / Sprint) team backlog, with input from customer, Product Manager, System Architect/Engineering and other stakeholders (team backlog consists mostly of user stories, it also includes defects and enablers.)
- Collaborates with Agile team and stakeholders to write user stories and requirements that include acceptance criteria and acceptance tests, typically for 1 or 2 (max) Agile / Scrum teams.
- Reviews and prioritizes Agile Team backlog for Iteration (Sprint) Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners.
- Reviews and assesses enabler work, understands scope of the upcoming enabler work and collaborates with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the technical infrastructures that will host the new business functionality.
- Primary resource (and source of truth / single point of contact) to Technical (Dev) team and Customer team for user story details.
- Highly available to technical team during iteration (sprint) in order to answer real time questions and provide clarity to user stories.
- Manages and maintains efficient flow of just-in-time story elaboration activities (user story refinement) throughout team execution, typically maintaining 2 iterations (sprints) worth user stories available and ready in team backlog.
- Participates in team demo with primary responsibility of reviewing and accepting completed user stories (PO is the only team member who can accept as done). This includes validation that stories meet acceptance criteria and meets team’s Definition of Done (DoD).
- Participates in Iteration Retrospective, where teams gather to improve their processes. Also actively supports the Agile Release Train’s (ART’s) Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshop.
- The PI system demo is part of the I&A workshop. The PO has an instrumental role in producing the PI system demo for program stakeholders ensuring representation of user stories within PO’s scope.
- Coordinates user story, functional, and technical dependencies with other Product Owners throughout each iteration and Program Increment. This is often done in weekly PO/ART sync meetings.
- Works across Agile teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase velocity and quality of the program.
- Accountable and responsible for user story quality and performance in production environment.
- Develops positive working relationships with Customer groups or Customer Representatives.
- Collaborates and develops positive working relationships with technical and non-technical teams, including sales, commercial accounting, marketing, legal, go-to-market, and finance. Works with outside partners and other third parties.
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts