May 4, 2021
Title: Lead Engineer
Clearance Level: Must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust
Location: Remote position (EST or CST based only) working EST hours
Program Details & Summary: This is a remote opportunity, and our client is seeking a Lead Network Engineer to join an advanced level team of engineers providing the highest level of network oversite and operational readiness. This includes a broad range of network architecture and design review services specifically created to support their customers’ network.
Minimum LCAT Requirements:
- Must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust and willing to submit and successfully complete a government agency clearance request.
- Active CCNP (or higher Cisco certification).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical field.
- 7+ years of experience as a Network Engineer.
Required Technology Skills:
- Broad network engineering background including experience with the following:
- Network infrastructure design, configuration, and implementation, configuring Cisco routers/switches, implementation provisioning, and network throughput/lab testing.
- Proficient with various network tools including SolarWinds, Remedy, and ServiceNow, etc.
- Recent background in telecommunications, working cross-functionally with various teams within the origination, and working with/supporting customers both internally and externally.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Certified professional system certification in any of the following: SolarWinds, Gemalto, Tripwire, Trend Micro or Splunk.
- Familiar with A-10, Gigamon, Ixia or FireEye technologies.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Part of an advanced level team of engineers providing the highest level of network oversite and operational readiness which includes a broad range of network architecture and design review services specifically created to support customers networks.
- Change and configuration management, level 3/4 network troubleshooting, network optimization strategy, routine review of network health and EOL requirements, and new application impact analysis.
- Provide lead level technical support to include remote trouble diagnostics and full restoration.
- Ensure all router configurations are built to comply with Customer Technical Design templates and internal standard requirements.
- Perform network site implementation/acceptance and activations as requested.
- Utilize internal and external (Federal Client) proprietary Network Performance Monitoring tools to monitor events and collected data about the health of the MPLS network.
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts