November 9, 2022
Position Title: I&C Engineer
Job Duration: 12 months to start with high possibility of extension
Project Details: Within the Nuclear Engineering, Cybersecurity & Digital Process dept, this individual would be working on a variety of digital upgrade projects within the Nuclear space. This includes defensive architecture, operator aid computer, electric hydraulic system for turbines, fleet water controls, integrated control system, governor control system. They are working alongside cybersecurity to ensure there is no data leaks as well as supporting the design, implementation, and maintenance of their various control systems within the 3 units at the nuclear plant. Each system can take up to 5 years for the design and implementation, so they have plenty of long term work to get these complete.
Must Have Skills:
1. Electrical, Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree required
2. Willing to work in legacy control systems or has worked in them before. These include electrical, digital, pneumatics, micro-processors to name a few.
3. Ability to work in the nuclear environment & pass the NRC fitness for duty test. https://www.nrc.gov/reactors/operating/ops-experience/fitness-for-duty.html
4. Willingness to stay long term in the role, area, & at Duke
Nice to Have Skills:
- Control system background
- Utility industry. Manufacturing potentially, industrial.
Electrical or computer engineering degree required.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Working on the design & creating implementation procedures for modifications to their control systems.
- Then once complete, going out in the field at the nuclear plant to do the modification or installation.
- Manage the troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance relating to this.
- Supporting the system through ongoing operations & maintenance.
- Create maintenance procedures for other to follow overtime.
Oconee Duke Energy Nuclear Plant
7800 Rochester Hwy, Seneca, SC 29672
- Hybrid. Remote half the time, onsite at Oconee Nuclear Plant the other
- Need to be located within the area
- Open to relocation as long as the candidate does want to stay in SC long term!
- Most likely will need to be onsite 100% initially for training then move to hybrid schedule
- Hybrid schedule %3D 2 days a week onsite (Tuesdays/Wednesdays) at least in hybrid schedule
- Standard work schedule 4 day schedule: Monday-Thursday (7-5:30 PM, 30 min lunch). As they are in the role more, flexible on their schedule
- Usually 40 hour workweek – not much OT unless they want to
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts