Santa Clara, CA
August 3, 2022
Job Title: Hardware Engineering Program Manager
Job Duration:12+ Contract to hire, based on performance
Reason for need:
- Supporting additional programs/products being introduced; bandwidth.
- As Hardware Program Manager you will work with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to drive hardware product development, release to manufacturing, and sustain the product in manufacturing. You will spend ~75% of your time working in the NPI process and 25% in Manufacturing. Strong leadership, communications, and team-building skills are essential.
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ YXP of hardware engineering, manufacturing, and/or program management in electronics manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience with networking equipment
- Cisco, Juniper Networks, Brocade, Dell-EMC, etc.
- Experience delivering several products from concept to volume production
- Understand design and manufacturing process, explain steps HWE needs to go through to get to design, ready to release prototype. Design work, schematic review, layout review, mechanical design review
Nice to Have Skills:
- MBA and PMP desirable.
- BSEE/ME/IE degree or equivalent.
- Product focus: large data center switches – sheet metal, PCB, rack mounted switching equipment. Customized customer switches requiring different configurations and situational testing.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Lead a cross-functional team from HW, SW, Central, and Diagnostic engineering, manufacturing, product management, and customer support to deliver outstanding products to the market.
- Based on the information presented you must be able to predict how delivery slips or quality issues in one function will affect others on the team. Anticipate the impact and prepare contingency plans.
- Create a master schedule that captures and inter-connects the key functional deliverables as defined by the product development lifecycle and ensure the team delivers. Drive and lead development milestone checkpoints.
- Drive, coordinate, and monitor Engineering programs including scheduling, planning, product and project cost analysis, early access, & first customer shipment.
- Drive cross-functional issue resolution ensuring issues are identified, owned, and resolved. Ensure issues are escalated to the appropriate functional leaders.
- Identify and implement product development process improvement initiatives.
- Must be local to Santa Clara, CA 95054. Working from home now, expected to be on ‘hybrid model’ soon. As needed basis, not very consistent, looks sometimes like weeks on weeks off.
- Full vaccination required
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts