March 17, 2023
ENTRY-LEVEL FIELD TECH:
The Select Group is working with a top-client in Fiber design on a Field Tech opportunity! This Field Tech will be laying out the blueprints for the fiber optic distribution overlay for our client’s telecom customers. This includes all of the fiber they are laying across the US for residential customers. If you are looking to get your foot in the door and work your way up in a growing company, this is the opportunity for you!
Location: Western Carolina region. (Charlotte, Asheville, etc.) The Field Tech will eventually have work in Virginia and surrounding areas so you must be open to travel in the future.
ENTRY-LEVEL FIELD TECH – REQUIREMENTS:
1. Any locator or construction type work for telecom
2. Strong PC/IT skills ( i.e., Word, Excel, etc)
3. Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
ENTRY-LEVEL FIELD TECH – NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
– Telecom specific experience
ENTRY-LEVEL FIELD TECH – RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Layout specifications of civil/ electrical equipment according to engineering sketches, specifications, and related data.
- Perform daily duties that involve drafting and designing in a telecommunications environment. Include structure, schematic, foundation, grounding, steel, layout, equipment, apparatus, wiring, panel, AC&DC, one lines, and other type drawings necessary to produce substation, relay, and line design job packages.
- Research homes and units in the businesses and confirming address is right with GIS then lay out fiber layout and decide where the fibers are.
- 40-55 hours per week (OT is 1.5).
- Fielder will survey residential and business areas for fiber to the home overbuild.
- Wear a GPS unit for distance tracking and GPS coordinate collection.
- Use measuring tools such as measuring wheel, range finder, telescopic height stick.
- Collect data on existing infrastructure, utility poles, aerial cable road clearances.
- Enter data into iPad application while surveying.
- Will need personal Debit/CC card for hotel check-in, only required to have on reserve for damages, client will supply lodging fees.
- Valid DL required and may need to use personal vehicle (mileage paid by client) or rent a vehicle (fees paid by client).
- Travel may be required to numerous states such as SC, GA, FL, VA, OH, PA, MI dependent on client needs, could require 2-4 weeks on site.
- Willing to work paid OT, up to 50-60 hours per week.
- If travelling, Per Diem is paid for daily meals, pay set by state requirements.
ENTRY-LEVEL FIELD TECH – ADDITIONAL DETAILS:
- Contract to hire.
- Looking for this Field Tech to eventually grow into a PM down the line. Multiple raise opportunities in the first 2 years.
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts