May 20, 2023
Position Title: Engineer
Job Duration: 1 year contract (ability to convert after contract duration)
- 1111 Louisiana Street (Downtown Towers Location)
- 3x week onsite / 2 days remote
Reason for need: promotions within team leaving gaps
Project Details: Responsible for estimating transmission projects at the planning stage of a project.
Must have skills:
- 0+ years of Transmission line design/build transmission lines (schooling and internship is acceptable)
- Does not have to be electrical, can be civil or mechanical
- Ability/experience performing calculations and designs
- Project Cost Estimating experience (experience writing work orders and having to create detailed estimates of projects)
- PLS-CADD experience
- Strong Communication Skills required
- Will be collaborating with internal groups across the utility, including engineering groups, as projects get handed off
- This is a high visibility spot, as it requires multiple business units alignment and communication. This creates more opportunity for movement within the utility!
Nice to have skills:
- SAP experience – will be used in creating the structure that work orders get charged too – putting in planning estimates
- Professional Engineer License in the State of Texas would be beneficial (Professional Engineer license in another state and the active pursuit of a PE license in Texas may be substituted for State of Texas P.E. License)
- They will not be doing PE Stamping but if they have this license, once converted, they would go right into a Sr Engineer or Staff Engineer role
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering/Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering required
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Design transmission facilities, prepare project cost estimates, PLS-CADD modeling, and prepare SAP work orders in support of transmission, substation, telecommunication, and distribution capital projects
- Support the preparation of yearly Capital budgets
- Serve as department representative on task forces, committees, and cross-functional teams and serve as a subject matter expert and represent CenterPoint Energy on external committees, conferences, and other groups
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts