Director, Managed Solutions – Remote
Director, Managed Solutions – Remote
September 26, 2023
Director, Managed Solutions – Remote
Director, Managed Solutions – TSG Managed Solutions – Remote
The Director, Managed Solutions is responsible for managing a diverse team of technical professionals in the development and oversight of innovative, creative and compelling Managed Solutions required to win profitable New and Renewal business for The Select Group. The Solution Director is accountable for developing solutions consistent with the win strategy and TSG Solutions Portfolio.
The position actively participates and leads the Solution Development team in Pre-Sales qualification activities with the sales team and works directly with Clients to develop innovative solution design, solution costing, bid & proposals, SOW development and negotiations. This individual has business and technical acumen and is experienced in translating customer requirements into solutions within any one or more of the following technical domains:
- Software Development Lifecycle (Architecture, Development, Testing, QA, UI/UX) including Cloud development
- Telecommunications (Infrastructure, Inside/outside plant, network and support)
- Network software, hardware, and infrastructure (routing, security, voice, data center, services)
- Work directly with TSG Sales and Client teams to align TSG Services to Client objectives.
- Provide operational, financial, technical and managerial skills necessary to manage the process and deliver winning solutions.
- Lead the Solution Design process by analyzing RFI/RFP requirements and client needs to articulate solution strategy to solution architects.
- Developing and understanding of financial base case to understand Clients current IT Budgets.
- Develop & manage the solution development process in alignment with TSG’s value proposition to deliver a competitive solution based on client requirements and the competitive landscape.
- Lead team members for the purposes of creating required solutions and deliverables. Deliverables may include business case, proposal, client presentation, executive-level reviews, and Statements of Work, to achieve operational requirements and business case objectives.
- Maintain and evolve technical skills aligned to industry trends and the TSG portfolio of Services.
- Incorporate key deal parameters of the solution and utilize the available benchmarks to ensure a competitive and deliverable solution is proposed.
- Participate in internal and external executive briefings when required.
- Provide Support of Business Development opportunities as requested.
- Provide detailed written documentation to support proposal requests.
- Coach, Mentor and Develop Solutions Team toward enhanced capacity to support TSG Solutions lifecycle: Pre-Sale Business Development; Solution Development/RFP response; SOW, Pricing, Resource Plan and Schedule; Transition to Service Delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with Technology Focus or equivalent work experience
- 6-10 years’ experience in related field
- Self-managed and ability to work in and successfully manage virtual teams.
- Ability to lead outcome-based discussions aligning the solution to client benefits tied to our value propositions.
- Ability to build strong relationships and trust with the client and internal executives throughout the service delivery organization.
- Strong project management skills.
- Understanding of costing/financial models and cost drivers and pricing methodologies for Managed Solutions engagements.
- Strong working knowledge of multiple IT disciplines and operational models associated with delivery
- Credible client/customer-facing conversations and presentation skills with executive presence
- Solution Design experience on complex project-based solutions.
- Ability to work multiple pursuits simultaneously.
- Overall IT Governance and Service Delivery expertise.
- Ability to decide critical operational and financial deal points with great accuracy in a short time frame.
- General Business acumen.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer facing ITIL certifications or ITIL design process experience a plus.
What makes us different
Our superpower is in the strength of our connections. We take a consultative approach with our clients, developing award-winning relationships inside Fortune 500 companies. Account Managers at The Select Group become an extension of their clients’ teams, equipped with technical knowledge that help businesses achieve strategic goals while overcoming their organizational challenges.
Love where you work
You’ll have the opportunity to join a tight-knit, fast-growing company that’s making a tremendous impact across industries such as communications, healthcare, technology, utilities, and more.
The way we see it, you have to grow people to grow companies. That’s why we make personal and professional development a priority at TSG. You’ll have access to:
- professional coaching
- world-class training
- programs targeted at developing your whole self, including wellness, mental health, and education assistance.
- a day off for your birthday, an annual company-wide mental health day, and a floating holiday to celebrate a diversity and inclusion holiday of your choice
But we’ve got the usual company perks, as well, including a matching 401K plan, employer paid life insurance and long-term disability, 12-weeks paid maternity leave and partially paid parental leave, and any equipment and software that you need to do your job.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at The Select Group
TSG values the unique perspectives our employees and consultants bring to work and life each day. We’re building a culture that encourages, embraces, and celebrates diversity, ensuring we have an inclusive workplace where everyone can be who they are. Together, we’re driving innovation and creativity to help our clients succeed and to make our communities stronger. We are here to learn and grow. Join us, and just be you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Select Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact for assistance.
For California Applicants, please visit the following website to view our CCPA Notice –
Connect with us
- See our culture in action on Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Know someone who would be perfect for this role? Share this career opportunity with them.
Questions? Reach out to our talent acquisition team.
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts