January 14, 2020
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join an enterprise level client in downtown Toronto! You will be part of an analytics enablement initiative with Data Analysts to work outputs through the EDL for data discovery and data ingestion. This role focuses in Hadoop Big Data and the successful candidate will have experience in the HDFS stack and data science. As this client is within the financial industry, preference will be given to candidates with an FI/fintech background. Come join a top player in the financial space and further your big data expertise!
DATA ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with data analyst team, building ETL pipelines and ingesting data into the EDL
- Work with Data Source system owners to effectively move data
- Data discovery and data sharing
- Communicating with different Lines of business and understanding the data flow and how to best support the consumer
- Ensure the project is up to production standards
- Triaging basic level 1 issues
- Work effectively as a team member in an Agile environment
DATA ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS
- Hadoop experience at an architect level, building ETL pipelines
- Hive – transformation and consumption
- Spark experience
- Shell scripting
- Strong Python scripting experience
- Full SDLC experience (Gather requirements, developing and testing)
- Informatica BDM – plus skill
- Data science background – plus
About The Select Group:
We are TSG – a fast-growing technical services firm serving the U.S. and Canada. We open doors to diversified prospective employers who respect and value your ambitions, your pursuit of a meaningful career, and your particular skill-set. We offer interview guidance, an impressive referral program, and partner with you to find work that drives you. Learn more about us in our company overview video, or visit us at http://www.selectgroup.com. Sign up to receive weekly job alerts in your inbox by joining the TSG Talent Network.
We have the privilege of impacting lives, so let us impact yours.
The Select Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts