May 12, 2022
The Select Group is seeking a Data Engineer for a full remote 12-month rolling contract. There is an option for a hybrid model (2-days in office, 3 WFH) if preferred. The client is a global leader in reinsurance with a passionate team that thrives on innovation.
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years experience PowerBI/SQL OR 5+ years Data Warehouse/Big data experience
- Experience with Data Modeling and ETL SQL
- Creating data, modeling it and importing/extracting data
- Creating an ETL process to scale large data processes
- Need to be able to break down those data sets, transform them from original format into new format – augment that data with a different source.
- A 3rd party might send them data – need to move that into the internal system – it’ll be different format.
- SQL Server relational database
- Optimize queries, create tables, indexes – should be able to tweak the performance of it by optimizing queries – querying a relational database; good at creating the correct table structure to model the data.
- A large portion of the data is relational redshift, Athena, or data bricks (and Dremio – although this skillset is hard to find)
Nice to Have Skills:
- AWS experience
- Experience scaling data into the cloud
- Design and develop data and BI solutions using our existing tech stack which includes AWS, SQL Server, SSAS, Power BI, and Dremio to name a few.
- Evaluate new data solutions and technology.
- Developing software, automated tests, documentation, and related processes to meet and exceed the requirements of stakeholders.
- Configure and deploy cloud-based data solutions to AWS and Azure.
- Align the architecture and design of the solutions with the wider enterprise architecture standards and ensure architectural coherence to the overarching system architecture
- Work with stakeholders to establish, refine, and document application functional/non-functional requirements for new and existing applications.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with delivery managers, product owners, QA, and other engineers to achieve high quality solutions.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation and agile development best practices.
- Embrace the culture and consistently demonstrate it in day-to-day activities.
- A flat team structure and a highly collaborative culture that values progress over perfection and encourages creativity, innovation, and diversity.
- A diverse highly motivated global team of colleagues.
- A supportive environment where team members work closely together to achieve shared goals.
- A flexible remote-friendly working style.
- A meritocratic environment where contributions are both recognized and rewarded.
- Engineering teams are organized into squads that in turn are aligned to specific portfolios of projects.
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts