Account Manager – Federal
Account Manager – Federal
November 21, 2022
Account Manager – Federal
Account Manager – TSG Federal – Remote
Who We Are
The Select Group excels in providing IT managed solutions, professional services, and project-based resources to some of today’s largest companies. We consider ourselves a family, headquartered in Raleigh, NC and spread out across North America, made strong by our diversity, and drawn together by our common mission of positively impacting lives, one experience at a time. By helping businesses flourish and top technical talent reach their professional dreams, we fulfill our purpose.
What Makes Us Different
Our superpower is in the strength of our connections. We take a consultative approach with our clients, developing award-winning relationships inside Fortune 500 companies. Account Managers at The Select Group become an extension of their clients’ teams, equipped with technical knowledge that help businesses achieve strategic goals while overcoming their organizational challenges.
Love Where You Work
You’ll have the opportunity to join a tight-knit, fast-growing company that’s making a tremendous impact across industries such as communications, healthcare, technology, utilities, and more.
The way we see it, you have to grow people to grow companies. That’s why we make personal and professional development a priority at TSG. You’ll have access to:
- Professional coaching
- World-class training
- Programs targeted at developing your whole self, including wellness, mental health, and education assistance.
- A day off for your birthday, an annual company-wide mental health day, and a floating holiday to celebrate a diversity and inclusion holiday of your choice
But we’ve got the usual company perks, as well, including a matching 401K plan, employer paid life insurance and long-term disability, 12-weeks paid maternity leave and partially paid parental leave, and any equipment and software that you need to do your job.
How this role impacts the organization
The Account Manager role establishes, develops, and maintains business relationships with leaders and executives within the IT and engineering sector, as well as key stakeholders within a variety of client accounts. We hire Account Managers across varying levels of sales experience:
- Account Manager – 1-3 years of experience
- Senior Account Manager – 3-6 years of experience
- Account Executive – 6+ years of experience
Key attributes that will contribute to success in the role include confidence, persistence, determination, the ability to easily build rapport with a wide variety of people, as well as the ability to actively listen to the customers’ needs to help properly deliver solutions.
- Lead virtual and in-person meetings to develop an understanding of a customers’ needs and share details of TSG’s core capabilities
- Develop business relationships within client accounts through regular meetings, phone calls, and after-hours events
- Business and account development, including generating sales leads and cold-calling prospective clients
- Maintain a deep understanding of the customers’ strategic initiatives and proactively work with them on framing business objectives
- Identify new opportunities with customers to sell TSG’s services offerings: Managed Solutions, Professional Services, and Project-based Resources
- Land and expand TSG Managed Solutions business by partnering with our Managed Solutions Technical Subject Matter Experts & Engagement teams to support our statement of work-based business while identifying and facilitating discussions to craft solutions for clients
- Partner with the onshore delivery and engagement teams to identify technical resources for client needs
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices, business, and technology trends to develop a strong business aptitude for a consultative approach with clients
- Drive annual revenue responsibility of $2M
- Business development and professional selling experience to Federal clients in the Technology Industry is highly preferred
- Selling technical services such as Managed Services, Professional Services, and/or IT Staffing Services is highly preferred
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding objectives and quotas
- Successful experience with new account development or large account management
- Proven prospecting and sales cycle management skills
- High levels of social perceptiveness and client experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
- Eligible candidates must reside in Mountain Standard Time (MST)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at The Select Group
TSG values the unique perspectives our employees and consultants bring to work and life each day. We’re building a culture that encourages, embraces, and celebrates diversity, ensuring we have an inclusive workplace where everyone can be who they are. Together, we’re driving innovation and creativity to help our clients succeed and to make our communities stronger. We are here to learn and grow. Join us, and just be you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Select Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
For California Applicants, please visit the following website to view our CCPA Notice – https://www.selectgroup.com/ccpa-notice/
Take the Next Step
If you are ready to take on the next step in your career and this seems like the perfect job for you, send us your updated resume.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Submit your resume and receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Submit Resume
TSG Talent Network
Join the TSG Talent Network to receive email alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.Get Job Alerts